Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Because I Have A VAGINA: For Juarez

Because I have a Vagina I have to carry pepper spray Because I have a Vagina I have to come home early Because I have a Vagina I might disappear after work; never to be seen again. Because I have a vagina I am the perfect scapegoat Because I have a vagina I cannot walk alone Because I have a vagina I must look at all sides Because I have a Vagina I can be accosted for the way I dress the way I walk the way I stare even for the my breath of the air Because I have a Vagina I wanted to be raped Because I have a vagina everything is my fault Because I have a vagina I carry the weight of the world on this bridge called my back Because I have a vagina I will be pillaged, plundered, robbed by the eyse, by the hands, by the minds, by the words of the government of the people of the men of society at large Because I have a vagina I will fanish I will be buried in conspiracy theories in a bed of lies Because I have a vagina those who dig deeper will be tortured they will die Because I have a vagina I AM SHE SHE IS ME AND SHE IS WE Because I have a vagina it is my business it is my cause Because I have a vagina I am JUAREZ and JUAREZ is me NI UNA MAS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment