Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Curse and A Gift

My therapist said let it out You need to breathe Cuz you can cope Let it out let It breathe Just be you, it comes naturally My biggest coping Mechanism are my words My open letters So I’m gonna air it out Got some things to rap about But I’m trippen Cuz I know they all gonna judge me Everybody got something to say “fam” say I’m a harlot, jezebel, but I’m putting it nicely Cuz I used to dwell up in the club Sippin on bub Highest heels and short skirts Having way too much fun Living like I was still 21 Time of my life I was masking all my pain Searching for a way To make it out of the dark Out of the hurt Wanted everyone to see My life was fun, it was dope But I’d rather have been on dope And here I am somewhat night and day I love the party life like Jay But you don’t see the not so glamorous life The promoters who won’t let you in Cuz oops you ain’t so paper thin Or you ain’t look like your model friend And they gonna judge me because I air it all out My hurts, my pains Admitting way to much To people I thought I could trust Lying, hating people Dwelling in their own misery Want commiserate on my own misery Brutally honest about My past and my present Dreaming of my future Cuz it’s so different And I write and write because it’s all I know All I can do It’s my saving grace Takes me away to a different place It’s my own, my very own space To get people who can relate Who need the healing In the words up on this page To hear someone gets you But the judgment is standing in my way The fear, the ridicule the hypocrisy Raining on my parade of success A gift and a curse My favorite form Of self expression Of release My tranquility My peace My therapy My release A curse and A Gift....

No comments:

Post a Comment