Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Just a thought

And though you broke me down
Ground me to the ground
You no longer get the best of me
Free as can be
I live freely
Reborn
Clean and restored
And you loved me as best as you could
And I loved you naively and pure
I wanted what I wanted
I needed, I pined
I yearned and I burned
Didn’t realize I  never let  you honestly earn
The love, the mind , the  body
I gave freely all to you
For taking
For plumaging, for the ruin
and I'd do it all again
in a heart beat
in a flash.
Because otherwise, I'd never be able to feel.
Feel over, overjoyed and elated.
Knowing I fell down but now I've...
I've actually made it.
I was broken. tattered and torn.
I was so love scorned.
I never knew the capacity for which my heart could hold,
such immense and sheer love
though masochistic and stupid, love.
And I revel in the pain and the healing.
I think, no I know I would do it all again.
I would fall and get back up,
for in defeat, in weakness is where strength is built.
It is surrendered to the fire like iron casted,
for a shield and for a sword.
My armor is so beautiful and strong,
for the immense heat I have been subjected to has fashioned some mujer so brand new

No comments:

Post a Comment