Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Sinkhole

Sometimes I feel so empty
that hole you left
is slowly going away
but it’s hard to close
a gaping hole the size of the universe
where you left 10 years
of pain and suffering
loving and fussing
where you resided in me for so long


the hole opens up when I see you on the streets
and our eyes never meet
we walk past each other
the silence is deafening
the pain immense
the tears should be intense
but I squint my eyes
super hard
so they run back
and all I swallow
is the lump in my throat


and somedays I barely rememeber
anything about you
you are farther and stranger than you’ve ever been
but some days like today your absence
is felt
until a violent memory
or stabbing words are recalled
and the puzzle is pieced together
and the hole starts to close up again


my heart is a sinkhole
that drops deeper each and every day
I cover it with the giant manhole I create
with healing mantras and activities
prayers and readings

therapy and indulgences.

No comments:

Post a Comment