Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Challenge




We catch eyes
Pretend as strangers
That we know nothing of one another
Though we loved like it was yesterday.
And I turn and I run and run and run
On and on on and on and on
Ours is a past better left behind
Closed eyes
Tear drops fall
No one knows I know you well
You know me more
Than I ever want  you to know


And In my car
I drive and drive
Suck back the tears
Swallow the kisses, swallow the night
Swallow the passion
Swallow disdain
Choke to swallow the lump that shouldn’t be caught
Caught in my throat
The size of a softball
No one knows what a painstaking thing it is
To sunshine of the spotless mind induce
a lobotomy without actual surgery
done all on your own
where memories they play in your mind all day long
while your words long to escape
but are caught on your nashing teeth
as you desperately try to keep
keep it all iin
the name which is the very sin
bite marked tongue
lavished bites upon lip and tongue
holding your lover’s name upon tip of lips
nights lying suffocated  by the stench
of the rotting death
the death of love
of friendship , of the beginning of the end
each day it is the challenge
the battle waged
between heart and mind
mind and heart
where the film is played
while trying to refrain from recollection
fighting to refrain from uttering words
forcing forgetfulness into play
that is the sunshine of the spotless mind
the erasure
the closure
to rid your mind of what your heart says is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment