Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Shower Regrets

Maybe it was the way,
The way he lamented.
On how,
How...
My tits, MY  tits!
Well, they were too small.
And how I put on weight,
With little to no effort at all.
Or maybe it was every time
I had a pregnancy scare,
How he’d claim it wasn’t his.
I became worthless.
With the very thought of bearing a kid.
Itty bitty tits
Stupid secretary!
Secret secretary
forbidden lover
Hidden friends.
Willing to take it all in the end.
Stood at the crossroads,
Of the broken…
The broken,
Broken, dark, road
Where I ran
To the car
I speedily drove.
I drove off
Cuz it’s better to be
Better to be
ALONE!
Than a pathetic
REASON!
For you to hang around
Feeling pitty
Because you’re guilty
And the consequences
Of our actions
Make you feel so ashamed.
Now we cross paths.
Looking ahead
No names.
No history.
Though you know my vagina better,
Than my gyno, you know it better,
Better than…
Better than Vasco de Gama.
Without a map you’ve navigated
every inch of me and my mattress.
And now you look through me,
Like an apparition.
I cease to exist.
But I’m free now!
So I don’t have to put up,
With listening to your whining and ranting!
About my small tits
And how that outfit, it just doesn’t fit!
Did you see that chick?
She was so pretty!
So not YOU!
She was hating on you!
Hating because you’re with ME!
Oh, you’re so plain, so ugly!
Come here, come here dear friend
Let me kiss you, let me hold you!
Let me kiss you, but not mean it!
And I will fool you,
Whilst I’m kissing you,
In the darkness,
Where no one can see;
Because you aren’t that lovely, not lovely to me.
It’s all about me! You are for me.
For the taking
For my glory
No, wait, don’t you love me?
Why do you use me?
Abuse me?
Oh ok, it’s all my own will
My legs, they spread easily.
And you’ve raped me.
Without truly raping me.
Because I gave in; I consented.
I let you in.
But now you’ve discarded me, like a used condom,
On the side of the road
Discarded and forgotten
But forever marked
Scarlet letter
Never better.
The shower cannot rid me of you!
Cannot cleanse the regret.
Though I scrub and I scrape and the loofah burns my skin,
I cannot wash you off from within.
So I lie there as the water pounds down,
Down my quivering body

I wonder…
Who in the hell would ever want me now?

No comments:

Post a Comment